Do you know what is light years more ‘impressive’ and ultimately a whole lot more rewarding than a contest prep?
Actually facing the things that are keeping you in the dieting/competition prep cycle in the first place.
For so many, competing becomes a socially acceptable way to control their body and food, that may have once been a coping mechanism they learned earlier in life, through their teens, early twenties (or in some cases even earlier!). It becomes an echo chamber where these behaviours become celebrated and awarded with a trophy.
This was similar for Harriet. However, she quickly realised that reaching her leanest, smallest, most ‘celebrated;’ body composition, was in her words a ‘false summit’.
What she found post competing, is that all of these feelings, struggles etc that she had masked were still there, her body was just leaner. And now due to the process, she was also battling with a lost menstrual cycle, the mental health effects of low oestrogen, and insatiable hunger and over eating.
She leant in, she trusted me and our work together, and just shy of 4 months down the line;
- She has had 3 regular cycles (not everyones cycle will return this quickly so please be aware of this)
- Has removed all tracking/control elements around food and has seen a considerable period of time since an uncontrollable over eating episode
- Has reconnected with her body’s signals that in her words ‘I can’t stress that enough, I’ve never felt like this about food EVER’
- Has seen VAST improvements in her mental health
- Socialises with friends regularly/stress free
- Is flexible with her training for enjoyment and performance
- Her body composition is now naturally improving in a direction she feels comfortable in - as a result of managing her overeating, and restoring her hormonal health
She’s worked hard, and I couldn’t be happier for her 🏻
If you feel lost, want to find peace with food and your body, to truly thrive and break the cycle; I can help you to find that place. You do not have to struggle alone. 👇🏻
Certified Nutritionist | Qualified Personal Trainer | Student CBT Practitioner